We're committed to supporting the health, safety and wellbeing of all our customers and our staff when you visit the TAB. So, we wanted to let you know about the actions we're taking to keep you and our people safe and well as we respond to COVID-19. Like other Kiwi organisations, we're working around the clock to make sure the wellbeing of our staff and our customers remains a top priority.
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE DOING
- We're being guided by the Ministry of Health which recommends regular cleaning as one of the most important measures we can take.
- In addition to our standard cleaning protocol, the cleaning frequency of high volume touch points, like touch screens and eftpos terminals, has been ramped up.
- Posters are being displayed to encourage any customers who are feeling unwell not to visit the TAB, and talking to them about alternate betting channels.
- Our team will also talk to customers who look unwell and ask them to head home. Similarly if one of our own team is feeling unwell, we'll ask them to head home too.
- To reduce the potential for the spread of the COVID-19 virus among participants and the general public, domestic race meetings will continue to be held but will be done so behind closed doors.
- Therefore there will be no oncourse betting through until at least 13 April as announced on 17 March.
- You can still bet on these meetings at a TAB store, online or through our mobile app.
While there's less sport available for our customers, it's still very much business as usual for our punters with some great racing available and we have some new sports (such as volleyball) to offer customers.
HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN DO
We'll need your support to keep our TAB outlets safe. We ask that you continue to use good hand washing and hygiene procedures, good coughing etiquette and to refrain from coming into one of our stores if you are feeling unwell.
These certainly are extraordinary times that are likely to create some anxiety, which could be particularly hard for vulnerable people in our communities. Please do look after each other and if you don't feel up to visiting a TAB store, you can bet online at tab.co.nz or through our TAB mobile app.
We'll keep you up to date as we work through the impact of COVID-19 on the TAB but if you need any support, TAB Customer Services is your first point of contact for all general enquiries relating to our products or services. You can contact us by email or phone.
Email: [email protected]
Phone New Zealand: 0800 102 106
From all other Countries: +64 4 576 6999